Protecting you, your loved ones and your peace of mind
At Ohio Valley, we know you and your family will have concerns about having a procedure done given the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ohio Valley was designated as a NON-COVID facility by the Ohio Department of Health, which means we haven't been treating COVID related patients or other sick patients who may come to a hospital through an Emergency Department.
- We have implemented enhanced health and safety protocols that are consistent with local and CDC guidelines to ensure the quality and safety of our patient care.
- Excellence in safety and quality measures have always been the Ohio Valley way and we can assure you that your safety continues to be our TOP priority. We are taking the following measures to ensure your family is safe from COVID-19:
- EVERYONE is checked for temperature, COVID-19 symptoms and provided a facemask. Every patient, visitor, and OV team member entering our facilities has their temperature taken, is screened for illness and given a mask they must wear while in the buildings. We have hand sanitizer readily available and encourage frequent hand washing.
- Clean, clean and clean again. Our environmental services team is working tirelessly and they’ve enhanced their cleaning routine to take it above and beyond during this time using hospital-grade cleaning products that are proven to kill the COVID-19 germs.
- Social distancing made easy and virtual. We know the concept of six feet apart can be difficult which is why you will see stickers on the floor in places where people are likely to gather – registration desks and screening stations, for example, helping you keep a safe distance from those around you. Seating is also spread out, to keep that distance. Ohio Valley Imaging Center and Breast Center have implemented "virtual waiting rooms" -allowing you to check in from your car via text message and when ready, you will receive a message back instructing you where to go which minimizes the time you are in the building.
- The right tools for the right care in the right spaces. Everyone wears a mask, but our staff also wear additional PPE (personal protective equipment) when appropriate as determined by the CDC. We even have rooms with special air handling to use, when needed, to keep our spaces safe.
- Limited our footprint. As we continue to practice social distancing, we are also limiting the number of people at Ohio Valley. In order to keep our patients and OV team safe, ONE dedicated visitor is permitted to accompany a patient at this time.
- COVID-19 testing for ALL surgical patients and OV team members. The drive-up testing area is located in the parking lot to the left of the front entrance at Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital. Testing is being done to help protect you, our team and the other patients here at Ohio Valley. Details on when to get tested and how the process works will be shared with you on a call with the Ohio Valley pre-admission team.
- On the day of your procedure, if you are not feeling well, please call and reschedule your surgery. If visitors are allowed, and you choose to bring someone with you, they will need to wear a mask at all times. Otherwise, make sure you have a driver with you who can stay on the campus during your procedure and have their name and phone number available when you come in. Before discharge, a nurse will call your driver and go over discharge instructions before you are taken to your car.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time!
Let us help you get the care you need.