Spine surgeons specialize in treating injuries, diseases and conditions of the spine.
Trauma, aging, improper body mechanics, and normal wear and tear can all harm the spine and cause back pain. The following conditions may require the surgical care of a spine surgeon, especially if conservative treatment has failed to relieve back pain or other symptoms: scoliosis, spinal stenosis, degenerative disc disease, sciatica, fractures, arthritis of the spine and cervical/lumbar disc herniation. At Ohio Valley Surgical Hospital, the following spine surgery procedures are performed:
- Correction of spinal deformities, degenerative change and injuries
- ACDF (anterior cervical discectomy and fusion)
- Anterior spinal decompression and fusion of cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine
- Posterior Laminectomy and Fusion
- Disc replacement (discectomy)