Special Instructions Before Your Procedure
Please follow these important safety instructions.
These guidelines are critical to your well-being; your procedure may be delayed or cancelled if they are not carefully followed.
- Make arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home after surgery. You are considered an impaired driver after anesthesia.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure unless your doctor or anesthesiologist instructs otherwise. This includes foods, liquids, water, candy, gum and breath mints.
- Do not smoke or use any tobacco products after midnight, the night before your procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before or after your procedure.
- If you take insulin or any other routine medication, you will be instructed during your pre-surgery assessment phone call how to take these medications on the day of your procedure.
- If you take a blood thinner (Coumadin, Plavix, Pradaxa, Xarelto, aspirin, etc.), please notify your surgeon as soon as possible before your procedure.
You may brush your teeth or rinse your mouth the day of surgery, provided nothing is swallowed.
Please understand… failure to follow these instructions can cause serious complications. Always call us at 937-240-1471 with any questions.